Wednesday 27 March 2013

Inspired by Subway...Eat Fresh!

Anyone like Subway?... Eat fresh! (I feel like I have to say that every time!)

Personally, I am a big fan. Whenever I am on the run and need something to eat, I always turn to Subway because it's healthy and convenient, and the other day, I turned to Subway just for that. 

On Monday, I had just landed in Philadelphia to visit my main squeeze, David. On the way to his house, we habitually stopped at Subway to grab some lunch. After I had ordered my usual, (6 inch turkey breast on 9 grain honey oat, just saying), the gentleman across the counter said, "so, I heard you are from Canada." 

Clearly, in my absence, David had spoke with this man before. However, what surprised me was that he had not only cared to remember that I was from Canada, but also cared enough to say something to me in an effort to establish a connection or relationship. He remembered something so small and simple, yet I paid him so much respect.

As we continued our discussion, I told him that I enjoyed coming to this particular Subway because it's very welcoming, and he is extremely polite and respectful of all his customers. 

He then told me that he has owned that Subway for the past 8 years. In the beginning of those 8 years, 2 other additional Subway's existed down the street. Over the course of those 8 years, the only one that has remained open, is his. Why do you think that is?

The way you speak to someone matters. You could be having the worst day, but even the man who is going to make your sandwich for you, is going to make it the best he can, simply because, that's his job. 

There is something to be said for the people who deliver 110% everyday. No matter what is going on in their personal lives, they are able to drop everything and make YOU the priority. If you recognize yourself as one of those people, I personally, would like to reach out to you and say, thank you. Thank you for caring about your job, thank you for noticing your effort is important, and thank you for doing your best every single day. YOU are one person who is making a difference. 

Today is a new day. How are you going to take on your day? Here is a little video to remind you of how even 1 person can make a difference. 

And remember, YOU are one. YOU are the difference.

Have a lovely day bloggers! Feel free to share your thoughts! And thank you Subway man for inspiring this blog, I will be seeing you soon :)

Cheers,
Alex





 


No comments:

Post a Comment