Sunday 7 July 2013

For The Love Of Shoes!

Hello Bloggies! It's been a little while, eh? 

Life has been moving along slowly but surely with nothing really super exciting to write about until now. So, of course, I have to share it with you.

Meet Katharine...

A funny, gorgeous and incredibly talented woman who put on a magnificent monologue called "My High-Heeled Life: Or, How I Learned to Keep Worrying and Love My Stilettos" at the Toronto Fringe Festival. 

The Fringe Festival is a Festival of the arts from dance shows, to monologues, music and visual arts. If you have never been, you gotta go, and the show that Katharine McLeod did was money, honey!

As a lover of shoes, fashion and feeling pretty, this show brought out the girly girl in me. Not like that's hard, but still, after seeing this show, you will want to go on a shoe shopping showdown! It gave me goosebumps when she described simple black pumps as James Bond 007's. Black, sexy, powerful, sharp and deadly... watch out boys! Oh, and what about the pair of totally daring, bright, bold shoes that we girls buy that will only be worn on the rare occasions? Ha! Pair? I wish there was only one! The ones where you ask yourself "when would I wear these?" But the truth is.. it doesn't matter, their day will come. And until that day, you can take pride that their cuteness hides in YOUR closet. 

I am a firm believer that being successful begins with feeling successful. Even though I am in a huge transition period in my life and there are a lot of questions in the air, there are still times when I feel on top of the world. Most of these times are when I put on the cutest outfit that makes me feel like a million bucks, and then I take off and purposefully strut down all the busy streets and do things I wouldn't normally do because I FEEL good and therefore believe I can do anything! And yes, that usually does mean a pair of bangin heels. The perfect pair of shoes on an already fabulous outfit is like the cherry on top of a perfect pink cupcake that you just swoon over. You are the girl that the other girls look at and think "damn, she looks good... that bitch!". There is nothing wrong with being that girl. If you are being hated by all the girls, and loved by all the boys, trust this, you are definitely being admired from afar. If people hate, carry on mate! You must be doing something right! Amen sister girls! 

So here is to my shoe loving sister from another Mister, Katharine McLeod. Thank you for coming to Toronto and giving a great monologue on joy, happiness, shoes, and being the best version of yourself along with all the other bullshit that happens in life. Your performance was more than a monologue to me. You embodied the message that when you fall down in life you can get up, and walk a little taller wearing some bitchin' heels! Cheers, to that girlfriend! Make sure you get out to see her show before July 14th! All of her show listings are found here

And to all the shoe lovers out there, here's a pic of my personal 007's and some pretties...





Strut your stuff bloggies! The sidewalk is your catwalk!

xoxo
Alex 





No comments:

Post a Comment